Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm so excited...

To have some more readers! Its so encouraging - Thank you all!

Today was pretty good. I stayed with my planned menu. I added two slices of whole wheat low cal bread to my lunch because I noticed I was low on the grains in my menu.

For dinner I ended up making bacon cheeseburgers for the family. I baked myself a chicken breast and used half of it and a slice of swiss cheese to make a chicken sandwich (no bacon) instead. I also put onions sauted in a tad of olive oil on it. It was so tasty. I wish I would have had a whole grain bun to put it on!

I did go a little overboard with the dessert. I made the homemade hot fudge and decided to make only a half batch so it would not be around to tempt me. Good thing, cause as it was I still ate more than I should have. Maybe next time a third of a batch so that there will be none left after I serve everyone.

But all in all a good day. I got a ton done around the house. Laundry, dishes, vacuuming... And I did some bookkeeping for a client too. I even danced around the house a bit while doing my chores so that I'd get a little extra movement in.

I'm up a couple of pounds at the moment, but I'm sure its headed back off quickly. I hope TOM comes and goes quickly.

Oh, I had my multi-vitamin and water today too.

5 comments:

WWSuzi said...

Your doing great ;)

Lyn said...

I wish we were neighbors, wouldn't that be fun? I could have helped with the hot fudge :)

(eating it... not making it. lol)

r. k. parr said...

You're doing so awesome on your food choices! I wish I could say the same... hehe, the occasional state fair cookie keeps stealthing its way into my dinner somehow! How does that happen!?

Have you checked out Ezekiel whole grain breads? Stuffed full of grains and healthy things and very very low in calories. Also tasty! They totally save me when I have to have something on bread (which tends to be often...lol).

new*me said...

Sounds like you have a great attitude ;) mmm...hot fudge sounds so good!

Keep it up!!

Vonavie said...

spunkysuzi - thanks :-)

Lyn - I'm thinking you should move to Arkansas! We'd be swell neighbors huh?! Maybe we could walk more than we ate fudge.

RyRy - Thanks for the tip. I'll have to see if I can find Ezekiel breads out here in fryland.

newme - I'm really struggling with the attitude. But I have to remember even when I slip it doesn't change my goal. I just have to keep trying.